Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D is for Dragons

Shorter post today; an interesting little side note from my film-watching escapades. In the film Dragonslayer (not a great movie, but definitely worth watching for fantasy gamers), the sorcerer Ulrich says this upon his first meeting with the band of travelers from the kingdom of Urland:
In fact, if it weren't for sorcerers, there wouldn't be any dragons.
I've actually taken some time to think about how this would play out in my own campaign. Any interested readers should do the same.

"If he's ready to lay a dragon in its grave, he's nothing to fear from me."

3 comments:

  1. That movie is a classic we haven't seen in awhile. It's worth seeing at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen that movie in years. I really should rent it again and watch with my kids.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on how old your kids are, you might want to wait a year or two; it's kind of violent in parts, and surprisingly grim and mean-spirited for a Disney movie. (Although it was from the same period that gave us The Black Hole and The Dark Cauldron, so not a huge surprise in that regard.)

      Delete